With their January exams behind them and (some) course work under their belts the Cantabile girls are really looking forward to a singing break in Manchester!
To join them on the 22nd February at 10:30 am buy your tickets from the Royal Northern College of Music website – £10 for adults and £5 for concessions (students, under 18s and senior citizens).
We’d love your support and so would the MACC which is working hard to provide a platform for youth choirs across the country!
You might be interested to know that the goals of the competition are to:
- Provide a safe and creative outlet for individual and collective musical ability
- Encourage and promote diversity through the various community choirs taking part and the music performed
- Encourage more members of the public to participate in choral singing
- Provide a focus for community engagement in the arts within and without the region
- Promote the furtherance of individual and collective musical ability
- Highlight and nurture the talent that exists outside the professional musical world
- Encourage a professional approach to challenge and endeavour by providing a showcasing opportunity for choirs
- Highlight Manchester’s continuing energetic role in the encouragement of the arts and as a supporter of community initiatives
- Encourage members of the public to experience choral music in public settings
- Provide excellent publicity for both the music-making of amateur choirs but also for all those associated with the competition on the form of funders and sponsors
- Encourage and support cross-cultural and community networking